We are a service open to all women, children and young people affected by domestic abuse in the East Renfrewshire area. Our support workers travel throughout the area providing practical and emotional support in schools, homes, refuges and other suitable safe and confidential settings.
We help address some worries women may have:
· Our service is confidential
· Our phone number is blocked so it won’t come up on your phone if we try and call you
· You choose if and how you’d like us to stay in touch
· You don’t have to leave to use our service
· If you choose not to leave we won’t judge you
If you or your children have experienced domestic abuse we are here to help and listen. Every day, East Renfrewshire assists women, children and young people who have made the difficult decision to get in touch.
Helpline – 0141 404 0015 / Email – email@example.com
54 Main Street, Barrhead, G78 1RE
Opening times – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Services provided mirror those offered in Women’s Aid South Lanarkshire and include:
- Refuge accommodation. We have a range of accommodation available across East Renfrewshire for those needing a safe place to stay. All accommodation is single occupancy and a support worker is allocated on arrival at the refuge. Refuge support workers offer emotional and practical support and will advocate on your behalf.
- Outreach support is provided to women with experience of domestic abuse within the community and can meet you in a safe place. Outreach support workers offer emotional support about the effects of living with domestic abuse and practical help with safety planning, housing issues or legal matters. Outreach support workers also offer group work to overcome isolation and increase self esteem and confidence.
- Children and young people are often deeply affected by domestic abuse. The Children and Young people’s Support service offers the opportunity for children and young people to explore their thoughts and feelings in a safe way. Support is provided via one to one sessions and through group work to increase self esteem and to rebuild family relationships.
- Training and awareness raising sessions. East Renfrewshire staff can provide formal or informal inputs to any organisation in the locality about domestic abuse issues and the services provided by East Renfrewshire.